The 2022 Convention was held in-person with ORMTA's first ever hybrid AGM. Attendees were welcomed on Thursday night with a Meet & Greet in the Isabel's glass-sided lobby and music by The Downtown Trio. The free Vendor Show ran throughout the duration of the three-day Convention with a number of vendors from across Ontario and Canada.
- Pedagogical workshops presented by:
- Robb MacKay - "Blobs, Blocks and Beats: Surprising Versatile Online Music Education Tools"
- Cécile Desrosiers & Eleanor Gummer - "Women Composers: Three Centuries of Keyboard Works"
- Natasha Finlay - "Baroque Dance for Musicians"
- Audrey Marshall - "Freedom and Ease at the Piano: How the Body Works Best"
- Vendor workshops from:
- Musicology - "Online Teaching Made Easy with Rebecca Featherstone"
- Counterpoint Music Library Services - "Canadian Opera Anthology with Dr. Stephanie Nakagawa (Soprano), Victor Davies (Composer) and Korin Thomas-Smith (Baritone)
- Red Leaf Pianoworks - "Red Leaf Pianoworks in Concert: "Branches" Official Release"
- Yamaha Canada Music Ltd. - "One Masterclass, Two Locations"
- Christopher Norton - "Wendy Edwards Beardall-Norton: A New Voice in Canadian Music"
- An incredible Gala Concert featuring a sung Land Acknowledgement from Yessica Rivera Belsham and performances by Lesley Andrew, Michel Fournier, Robert Kortgaard, Valery Lloyd-Watts and Patricia O'Callaghan
- The DAN School of Drama and Music, Musical Theatre Competition
Saturday was a whirlwind of events, that included:
- More pedagogical workshops from:
- Molly Luhta - "Contemporary Music Theatre: Vocal Styles and Performance Practise"
- A Panel Discussion - "Bicycle Opera and Opera InReach with Geoff Sirett & Larissa Konuik"
- Dina Namer - "Clara Schumann: Wonder Woman of the 19th Century"
- Nisreen Jardaneh - "Creative Use of Music Technology for Teaching Students of All Abilities"
- Masterclasses presented by:
- Valery Lloyd-Watts - "Intermediate Piano Masterclass - Visualization: An Essential Tool for an Aural Art"
- Patricia O'Callaghan - "Vocal Masterclass: The Art of Cabaret" (a video of this Masterclass will be available on the CFMTA/FCAPM video library later this year)
- Vendor workshops by:
- The Royal Conservatory of Music - "Celebration Series, Sixth Edition with Elaine Rusk"
- Yamaha Music School Markham - "Yamaha Music Education System: The Best Kept Secret in North America"
- Long & McQuade - "Discover and Explore the Work of Ukranian Canadian Composer Larysa Kuzmenko & Soprano Natalya Gennadi"
- Magnopere Corporation - "Ultra-Smooth Online Music Collaboration with SuperConductor"
- A delicious Awards Luncheon where the OCTA's were presented
- An enjoyable Gala Dinner with a keynote address from Valery Lloyd-Watts
- The Provincial Instrumental and Vocal Competitions
Sunday, the final day, concluded with:
- Pedagogical workshops and presentations:
- Lori Lynn Penny - "Teaching Music Theory with about, in and Through Music"
- Yessica Rivera Belsham - "Explorations in Soundscapes"
- Lesley Andrew - "Lessons for Inspired Teaching, Learning and Living"
- Tricia Baldwin - "Riding the Roller Coaster: The Future of Arts and Creativity"
- Dr. Colleen Renihan - "Bodies of Repertoire: The Embodied Transmission of Knowledge in Music"
- A vendor presentation from One-Eye Publications titled, "Modern Approaches to Piano Lessons with Traditional Concepts"
- A Senior Piano Masterclass on French Impressionism presented by Michel Fournier (a video of this Masterclass will be available on the CFMTA/FCAPM video library later this year)
- Our hybrid AGM which included a boxed lunch
- The Young Artist Competition
Thank you to all attendees, the Kingston Convention Committee, Adjudicators, Presenters, Students and Sponsors